Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas Miracles

One year ago, I decided I would do a Christian blog.  As I reach the first anniversary of this blogs' inception, it seems useful to reflect upon this.  Firstly, let me reflect upon some of the reasons I started this blog.  Christmas is a special time of the year.  A time filled with parties, gifts and joy.

A joy that induces us to give generously to those we love and to those less fortunate than ourselves.  A time, when we, whom are jaded or even fatalistic, are inclined to believe in miracles.This joy that exists today all started a long time ago with the birth of the baby called Emmanuel, meaning "God with us."

Biblical prophesy, beginning in Genesis, points to the momentous time when God would make right the devasting blow that Lucifer had dealt to humanity, when he was able to misdirect and destroy the special relationship that we had with God our Creator in the Garden of Eden.

The immense importance of a baby being born in the midst of the worst possible conditions point to the need in our life for that Savior as we face the worst possible conditions in our life.  For, we have a Savior, a "lover of our soul" who has lived what we lived and felt what we felt.  God has planned across time, and for all time, to reconcile ourselves to Himself through a personal touch from Jesus.  For "unto us a child is born, a son is given."

So, the season of Christmas has immense importance as we begin to figure out the spiritual condition of our life.  When I started this blog one year ago, I wondered what more that I could do in gratitude for the "gift of this child."  Just as we sometimes lack gratitude for those other gifts given us on Christmas morn, had I stopped being appreciative for all that I had received when God gave this child to me?

There are so many circumstances in my life and in your life which hurt and discourage us.  Our holiday season is less than we wish it to be.  Our jobs are difficult, our children struggling.  A loved one has passed away and our heart is broken. Divorced or lonely?  This was not what was supposed to happen.  How can I overcome this?

No, this was not what God's plan was.  It was not supposed to happen this way.  Yet a light shines over a little stable.  A bright and unusual star points into a horrible place in a horrible time and beckons us to come and follow that star.  Come to the little hovel where a baby is born which is to save man from his circumstance.

Last year, after much prayer and thought I knew that I must start this blog.  I did it because I saw so much need for healing in my life, and in the lives of those around me.  I started it, because like the Wise Men, I know that it was right to bring an offering to that manger because of this extraordinary event that we call "Christmas."

Go to that place, as the shepherds and Wise men did, and seek an audience with the King of all Kings and the Lord of all Lords.  He is open and good, just like a new born babe.  What a great gift!  With newness of life there is always hope and possibility.  Thank you God for the gift of this baby.  It is the birth of renewal and redemption for each and every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment